History of Cadet College Palandri
Cadet College Palandri is situated in beautiful natural surroundings about 100 Kms from Islamabad.
Its climatic conditions resemble those of Abbottabad. From Islamabad/Rawalpindi,
the road passes through Sihala, Kahuta and Azad Pattan.
After crossing the bridge on the River Jehlum, the road climbs to the height of about 5000 feet.
The College Complex is situated on the south eastern flank of Palandri town.
THE COLLEGE CAMPUS
The College is spread over an area of about 60 acres. The buildings comprise of a double storied Education block,
Five Hostels called Jinnah House, Iqbal House, Khan House, Sher House and Karailvi House, Cadets Mess,
and Administrative block. The college campus has residential accommodation for the staff.
There are several play grounds in the college for outdoor games which include hockey, football,
volleyball, basketball, cricket field and an athletic track. The College also has a state of art
gymnasium, which provides facilities for weight training, indoor badminton, volleyball and basketball.
It also includes an international standard squash court.
ESTABLISHMENT – CADET COLLEGE PALANDRI
In 1973, the Government of Pakistan acceded to genuine demand of people of AJ&K and announced establishment of
Cadet College Palandri alongwith similar Colleges at Larkana (Sindh) and Mastung (Balochistan).
In 1976, the Federal Government of Pakistan provided an amount of Rs. 1.525 million for initial
survey, designing and soil testing. In 1977, sixty (60) acres of land worth Rs. 2.434 million was acquired.
M/S Allied Engineering Consultants, Lahore carried out the designing of the Project. Since July 1977,
this Project remained pended for want of funds, till its revival in 1987. Lt Col (Retd) Muhammad Naqi Khan,
the then Project Director made dedicated effort in establishment of Cadet College.
On 22 Jan 1990, the then Honourable Prime Minister of Azad Govt of the State of J&K laid the foundation stone of the College.
On 9 July 1998, the Board of Governors of the College decided to commission the College with effect from
15 September 1998. All the preparations which included procurement of equipment, furniture, selection of cadets,
teaching staff and administrative staff, were completed in about 8 weeks time. The College was inaugurated on 15
September 1998 by the then Prime Minister of Azad Govt. of the State of J&K. The College commenced its academic
session on 15 Sep 1998.
College Motto is
“Serve with Valour”.
Board Of Governer
Board of Governors is the committee of the intuition that handles all the affairs of the college.
Its meeting is called once in a year. The Board of Governors comprises of of the following:
- The Prime Minister Azad Govt of the State of AJ&K Chairman
- The Minister of Education Azad Govt of the State of AJ&K Member
- The Minister / MLA Distt Sudhanoti Member
- The Chief Secretary Azad Govt of the State of AJ&K Member
- The Secretary Finance Azad Govt of the State of AJ&K Member
- The Secretary Education Azad Govt of the State of AJ&K Member
- The Director Army Education GHQ Member
- The Principal Cadet College Palandri Member/Secretary
- Joint Secretary Admin Federal Ministry of Education Islamabad Designated Member
To advise the Board of Governors for effective administration and to resolve day to day problems,
the following constitute the Executive Committee.
- The Chief Secretary, AJ&K.                               Chairman
- The Secretary Finance, AJ&K.                                Member
- The Secretary Education, AJ&K.                                Member
- Principal Cadet College Palandri.                                Member/Secretary